As a Merchant you should recognize the need for constant improvement in your company to survive and grow. In today’s competitive environment the proper technology is absolutely a vital apparatus for supplying critical information necessary for your survival and advancement.
Step One: Prior to Starting
Address the following issues/questions:
- Why are You currently buying a new system?
- What are You trying to achieve?
- Is your Shop ready to take the step? Are there any internal cultural problems that you have to address? The way that people think is more significant than the apparatus you provide for them.
- Establish A budget for the project; 2-3 percentage of retail sales is a good rule of thumb.
- Should you purchase or lease? Determine how you are going to cover the system early in the procedure. Your accounts can advise you on what works best for your company.
- POS is not Sufficient: The purpose is to attain true front to rear inventory management system and client tracking system.
Step Two: Planning
Evaluate Software vendors and choose the right system for your shop:
- Develop a Systems requirements document for all of the purposes you need, differentiating between crucial and nice to have attributes.
- Produce a Document detailing how you currently handle stock, P.O.S., purchasing and receiving, tagging product, and client information. This retail pos system hong kong is the blueprint to your system requirements, and is used to evaluate and assess the software sellers when they demonstrate their applications.
- Provide a Demo format to the sellers that are invited. This ensures you control the demonstration and see the features that are important to your organization. Additionally, it offers a standard format to evaluate each seller.
- Involve Your key men and women. Their input is crucial. People on the front line may either be an advantage or impediment to the job. They should feel that they helped choose the system they will use.
- Quote comparison. All vendors should offer an itemized price quote. These ought to be put into an Excel spreadsheet and compared by line item.
- Let the Vendor make money, it is a partnership. Negotiate with the seller for price concessions which are reasonable for both players. Vendors are more inclined to provide price concessions on soft price items like support and training. These e commerce platform hong kong are actual cost items to the merchant yet to the seller they factored in their usual overhead costs. Examples would be additional training days, or expanding your service contact an extra six months.